We’re excited to announce the release of our highly-anticipated “Dynamic” feature! Now, you can add dynamic content without any code. All you have to do is select a few options from a couple drop down menus, and you’ll be on your way to personalized lightboxes and higher conversions!
There are many possibilities when it comes to incorporating dynamic content into your Digioh lightboxes. For starters, you can add text from URL parameters to your lightboxes. Here are a couple ways you can use URL parameter text in your lightboxes:
- Welcome email subscribers by name. If you append mail merge tags to your URL, you can personalize lightboxes with each subscriber’s name
- Show promotions customized to PPC keywords (for example, present a “20% off all Android phones” if the keyword is “Android phones”)
- Personalize lightboxes based on referring websites (e.g. Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn) or Campaign (e.g. Black Friday promotion)
Want to start dynamically adding text from URL parameters into your lightboxes? Here’s how.
In this example, we’re going to dynamically add text from the utm_content parameter to a text field in our lightbox to look like this:
Here’s the video walk-through (the same steps are included below in written form):
1. To get started, go to the “Boxes” section and click on the “Dynamic” icon next to the appropriate lightbox.
2. Next, click on “+ New Dynamic Item”:
3. Then, you’ll be presented with this page.
4. Here’s more detailed information about each of the fields:
Source: In this example, we’re choosing URL parameters as the source (other source options are jQuery selector and URL)
URL Parameter Name: In this case we’re pushing text from the utm_content parameter (in other instances you may need to push text from another utm parameter)
Operator: In this case, we’re using “equals”, but you have a range of options in this drop down menu
Comparison: Here we’re not worried about matching the case, so we pick “case insensitive”, but you can select “case sensitive” if you need to.
Source Value Matches: Here we’re saying the source value (the utm_content parameter) can match anything. In other cases, you may have a specific match in mind, and you can select “Custom” from the drop down.
Target: The target in our case is the “Text 2” field within our lightbox. You can target text fields, image fields, HTML, buttons and more.
Target Page: Here we’re targeting the Main Page of our lightbox.
Target Fill: Here we’re pushing the text from the URL parameter, so we’re going to use “Source Value”. If you want to display something else, choose “Custom”.
Target Fallback Value: If there’s no value in the UTM content parameter, we’ll display a fallback value (in this case, Mobile Marketing Newsletter).
This is what you’ll have once you’re all set up:
And if utm_content=Android%20List:
Have any questions about dynamically adding text to your lightboxes from URL parameters? Send us a message and we’ll be happy to help you out!