Do you have a multi-step checkout process that starts with email submission (step 1) and continues to collect billing information and other data?
If that’s the case, sometimes your visitors may abandon checkout AFTER they enter their email address in Step 1.
Since you already have their email, you don’t want to show them another email capture pop-up. Fortunately, you can rescue the sale by using Digioh to trigger shopping cart abandonment emails in your ESP.
Follow these steps to set up a checkout abandonment campaign in Digioh:
- Create an invisible 100×100 lightbox that triggers on Exit.
- Make it a sidebar widget positioned at the upper left or lower left
- Use the “Pages Navigated URL” “Does Not Contain” rule to anti-target an unchanging portion of your final checkout page URL. This ensures the lightbox doesn’t trigger an abandonment email if a visitor completes the checkout flow.
- Using the Exit-Intent rule, Digioh will push the email address stored in the cookie record to your ESP when users abandon checkout.
- Send follow-up emails and provide incentives, such as coupon codes, to complete the sale.