Digioh native box conditions support targeting of display based on the users local time zone. If you have campaigns that need to start and stop at a specific global, e.g. at midnight Eastern Time, then you’ll need to use a Digioh App.
From the profile menu, top right, go to Custom JS (Apps) and from the Available tab install the App “Timezone Date and Hour of Day Targeting”.
- User Local Time: DIGIOH_API.yyyymmdd, .dd, .mm, .yyyy, .hh24, .dow
- Eastern Time: DIGIOH_API.yyyymmddET, .ddET, .mmET, .yyyyET, .hh24ET, dowET
- Central Time: DIGIOH_API.yyyymmddCT, .ddCT, .mmCT, .yyyyCT, .hh24CT, dowCT
- Mountain Time: DIGIOH_API.yyyymmddMT, .ddMT, .mmMT, .yyyyMT, .hh2MT4, dowMT
- Pacific Time: DIGIOH_API.yyyymmddPT, .ddPT, .mmPT, .yyyyPT, .hh24PT, dowPT
- Universal Coordinated Time: DIGIOH_API.yyyymmddUTC, .ddUTC, .mmUTC, .yyyyUTC, .hh24UTC, dowUTC
The dow variables are day of week: “sun”, “mon”, “tue”, etc. All others are are padded numeric strings, e.g. “01”, “04”, “29”.
IMPORTANT: Conditions are based on string compare which can lead to unexpected results, e.g. “2” > “10”. When entering a comparison value, make sure you always “pad” it to two digits, so instead of configuring DIGIOH_API.hh24 > 1, use DIGIOH_API.hh24 > 01, and for the 1st of February on East Coast use DIGIOH_API.ddET = 01
This example shows a box targeted to display from 11/25/22 – 11/30/22 inclusive:
The hh24 Variables are to target the box on a specific hour of the day. So for example, if you want to a Box to display between 11am and 2pm in the users local time zone you would configure this targeting:
The fixed time zone options (ET, CT, MT, PT, UTC) are for global campaigns that have a definitive start and stop time, e.g. midnight Eastern Time is hh24ET = 00.
Questions? Comments? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org