We’re excited to announce our Test URL feature. This is useful if you want to see what your lightboxes will look like on your website, before you’re ready to go live. All you have to do is click on a link, and the lightbox will display on your site. You can share these URLs with your team to gather feedback and make improvements. The link has special URL parameters so that the test boxes only display for people who have that exact link (i.e. regular website visitors won’t notice anything).
Here’s how you can start using your test URLs:
1. Check your profile to make sure that your website (or even a specific website page) is listed in your Profile section (https://account.digioh.com/
HQ/ChangeProfile). This is the URL that will be used to create your test box URL (by appending URL parameters).
2. To make sure the test boxes work you need to make sure that:
- your lightbox or widget is turned ON
- your lightbox has at least one condition associated with it (any condition)
3. Now that you’re ready, you can click the test URL (see image below) to display the test lightbox on your site:
4. If you’re trying to see how an inline widget looks (not a lightbox, sidebar, or banner), we’ll automatically display it as a lightbox. This is because our inline forms require placement (smart tag or jQuery placement).
5. Want to display the test lightbox on a specific page? You can set that page in your profile settings (see step 1) OR you can copy the URL parameters at the end of the link (the bolded portion shown below) and add it to the end of any page URL:
Original box test URL: https://www.yourwebsite.com/?box_test_id=123456&box_test_name=Demo_box
Add to a specific page: https://www.yourwebsite.com/some-page?box_test_id=123456&box_test_name=Demo_box