Our Test URL feature allows you to see what lightboxes look like on your website before you’re ready to go live. All you have to do is click a link, and the lightbox will display on your site. You can share these URLs with your team to gather feedback and make improvements. The link has special URL parameters so the test boxes only display for people who have that exact link (i.e. regular website visitors won’t notice anything).
Here’s how to use test URLs:
1. Check your profile to make sure your website (or even a specific website page) is listed in your Profile section (https://account.digioh.com/
HQ/ChangeProfile). This is the URL that will be used to create your test box URL (by appending URL parameters).
2. To make sure the test boxes work, first make sure that:
- your lightbox or widget is turned ON
- your lightbox has at least one condition associated with it (any condition)
3. Click the test URL (see image below) to display the test lightbox on your site:
4. If you test an inline widget (not a lightbox, sidebar, or banner), Digioh will automatically display it as a lightbox. This is because inline forms require placement (smart tag or jQuery placement).
5. To display the test lightbox on a specific page, set that page in your profile settings (see step 1) OR add the URL parameters at the end of the link (the bolded portion shown below) to the end of any page URL:
Original box test URL: https://www.yourwebsite.com/?box_test_id=123456&box_test_name=Demo_box
Add to a specific page: https://www.yourwebsite.com/some-page?box_test_id=123456&box_test_name=Demo_box