Digioh supports turnkey compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and ADA regulations.
The European Union (EU) instituted the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018. This privacy law affects businesses that use and store the personal data of EU citizens, even if your business is outside of the EU. The GDPR imposes new regulations that can impact the users of Digioh clients. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a set of broadly similar regulations that apply to residents of California. The American Disabilities Act (ADA) is a US law that that prohibits discrimination by businesses based on disability, meaning for example that websites must be accessible to the visually impaired.
- All opt-ins collected via Digioh are already handled in a GDPR- and CCPA-compliant manner. We collect all necessary data on submission, including the time stamp, and IP address. This information is available in the analytics section of your account.
- Digioh can optionally obfuscate data to remove PII on our servers, or entirely bypass data storage on our servers, sending only to your back-end system and meaning that Digioh is not a “sub-processor” for your user data.
- GDPR focuses on the storage, use, transmission, and deletion of the personal information of EU citizens.
- GDPR requires that EU citizens take an action to consent to the use of their personal information.
- Upon request, GDPR and CCPA require you to be ready and able to provide or delete any data on a given user in a timely manner. You can easily delete any data on a given user; just follow our instructions here.
How Digioh Helps You Achieve GDPR & CCPA Compliance
We store permissions data for each submission as soon as the form is submitted. This includes the timestamp and IP address for each submission.
If a user reaches out to request that you provide or delete the data you have on them, we make it easy to do so.
We recommend that your data collection forms include a disclosure letting the visitor know that you will:
- Store their contact info in your marketing database.
- Send them marketing emails.
- Track interactions with your website for your marketing campaigns and advertisement placement purposes.
No Data Storage
If desired, Digioh offers the option to avoid storing form submission data in your account. We would push everything directly to your integration and bypass our database completely. We can also obfuscate the data, meaning that data is stored by not readable. Learn more here.
Digioh believes that the Internet should be accessible to all. Out-of-the-box, Digioh forms provide comprehensive support to screen reader software used by the visually impaired. Digioh forms are compliant with both ADA and WCAG 2.1.