Digioh is compliant with GDPR and CCPA.
The European Union (EU) instituted the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018. This privacy law affects businesses that use and store personal data on EU citizens, even if the company in question is outside of the EU. The GDPR imposes new regulations that impact Digioh users.
- All opt-ins collected via Digioh are already handled in a GDPR-compliant manner. We collect all necessary data on submission, including the time stamp, and IP address. This information is available in the analytics section of your account.
- Digioh can also obfuscate or bypass storing any data on our servers. We would directly push to your back-end system.
- GDPR focuses on the storage, use, transmission, and deletion of the personal information of EU citizens.
- GDPR requires that EU citizens take an action to consent to the use of their personal information.
- Upon request, GDPR requires you to be ready and able to provide or delete any data on a given user in a timely manner. You can easily delete any data on a given user; just follow our instructions here.
How Digioh Helps You Achieve GDPR Compliance
Digioh forms require that visitors to your site enter their information and click a button to submit it. The intentional act of entering their email, and submitting the form is considered an explicit opt-in action under GDPR
We store permissions data for each submission as soon as the form is submitted. This includes the timestamp and IP address for each submission.
If a user reaches out to request that you provide or delete the data you have on them, we make it easy to do so.
By default, all Digioh forms will properly handle opt-ins. We also recommend adding a note to each form letting the visitor know that you will:
- Store their contact info in your marketing database.
- Send them marketing emails.
- Track interactions with your website for your marketing campaigns and advertisement placement purposes.
No Data Storage
If required, Digioh offers the option to avoid storing form submission data in your account. We would push everything directly to your integration and bypass our database completely. We can also obfuscate the data, meaning that data is stored by not readable. Learn more here.